Real-time incident management with Server Density
Incident management works best when all of your incidents and alerts can be tracked from a centralized hub. Server Density is a hosted server monitoring service that provides server and website monitoring.
The Zenduty-Server Density integration allows you to sync your Server Density tickets with Zenduty, and keep up with all the updates. The advanced monitoring allows you to keep a bird’s eye view on all the updates.
Scroll to the end of the page for complete instructions to set up the integration. Read more on Zenduty Docs
Once set up, users in Zenduty will get their incidents from their errors in Server Density. Any action on either application will reflect in the other.
|Server Density Action||Zenduty Response|
|New error generated||New incident created|
|Changes made to the error||Note added to the incident|
|Error resolved||Incident resolved|
A New error in Server Density creates a Zenduty Ticket
Resolution of a Server Density Error resolves the Zenduty Incident
When you delete the integration, make sure to also delete the Zenduty Webhook URL you added in Splunk. This is to prevent Zenduty updates from being posted to Server Density anymore.
Steps to integrate:
- To add a new Server Density integration, go to “Teams” on Zenduty and click on the “Manage” button corresponding to the team you want to add the integration to.
- Next, go to “Services” and click on the “Manage” button correspoding to the relevant Service.
- Go to “Integrations” and then “Add New Integration”. Give it a name and select the application “Server Density” from the dropdown menu.
- Go to “Configure” under your integrations and copy the webhooks URL generated.
In Server Density:
- Log into Server Density.
- There are two methods to create alerts:
- Go to Device -> Settings -> Configure alerts and “Create Alerts”.
- Go to Service -> Settings -> Configure alerts and “Create Alerts”.
- Then go to Settings -> Notifications and Select “Webhook”.
- Now paste the copied link in the “URL field” and click on “Add”.
- Server Density is now integrated.