Google Chat is an intelligent and secure communication and collaboration tool, built for teams. From ad-hoc messaging to topic-based workstream collaboration, Chat makes it easy to get work done where the conversation is happening. The Zenduty Incident Management platform fetches alerts from your monitoring apps, creates and assigns incidents based on schedules and escalation policies and intimates engineers on call. When these two applications come together, the result is a fast, stress-free incident-resolution process.
How to Set-Up a Gchat Integration for Zenduty:
There are two ways to receive Gchat notifications from Zenduty
1. As a Personal Notification
Through this method, you can instruct Zenduty to notify you on Gchat whenever an incident is assigned to you. This can be in place of, or in addition to notifications via phone call or SMS.
You can add your Gchat handle to your notification rules and set up when you want to be alerted on Gchat.
First you'll need to Directly message the Zenduty Gchat bot, which would initiate the Connection request.
- On Gchat, first click on the + button besides your personal chats and search for Zenduty.
- Proceed by clicking on the link given by the Bot, to initilize the linking process (You can also initialize by typing the /connect command).
- In Zenduty, proceed by connecting.
The Zenduty bot is now added as your personal contact method.
2. As an Outgoing Integration
Through this method, you can instruct Zenduty to notify a Gchat space whenever an incident is assigned to the Service that you connected it to.
First you'll need to Directly message the Zenduty Gchat bot, which would initiate the personal Connection request, for the same, follow the steps above.
Next, in the space that you want to be alerted on with your teammates, add the Zenduty Bot.
- On Gchat, In the space that you want to add the bot, Search for the Zenduty bot.
- On Adding the Zenduty Gchat bot, it initilizes a connection request (You can also initialize by typing the /connect command).
- In Zenduty, proceed by selecting the Team and the Service you want to connect the bot to (You can connect multiple Services in teams that you manage).
The Zenduty bot is now added in your Gchat Space to notify you and your teammates if any Inicident comes up.
How the Gchat Integration for Zenduty Works:
Once set up, all Zenduty alerts will reflect on Gchat.
Alerts about incidents assigned to you will be sent as a personal message to you (based on the notification rules you set up). You can then acknowledge, resolve or assign Zenduty incidents within Gchat.
All alerts about a service with a Gchat channel integration will be sent to the Gchat channel. Any team member can then acknowledge, resolve or assign Zenduty incidents within Gchat.
The Available slash commands on Gchat:
|Initializes the connection request.
|Retrieves information of an incident.
|Acknowledges an Unacknowledged Incident.
|Resolved an Unresolved Incident.
|Retrieves settings for the current Gchat space.
|Opens a dialog that would allow one to create an incident.
You do not need a paid Zenduty account to recieve Zenduty alerts on Gchat. Subscribers of any plan are eligible to receive unlimited free alerts on Gchat.
Gchat notifications are a great way to triage and resolve an incident with the team. Zenduty offers unlimited alerts to Gchat for incidents of your team.